Single Sign-On Information for STAAR Scores for Parents of 3rd – 8th Grades
Single Sign-On Information for Parents STAAR EOCs
Petrolia CISD uses ParentSquare for school communication, primarily with email, text and app notifications. ParentSquare automatically generates an account for each parent, using their preferred email address and phone number. We encourage parents to access their accounts so they can download the mobile app and update their preferences on when and how they are notified.
Here’s what you can do with ParentSquare:
Receive messages from the school via email, text or app notification
Choose to receive information as it comes or all at once with a daily digest at 6pm
Communicate in your preferred language
Comment on school postings to engage with your school community
Direct message teachers, staff and other parents
Participate in group messages
Sign up for parent-teacher conferences
Send payments, sign forms & permission slips, receive report cards, sign up to volunteer and more all from your desktop or mobile device
We promise to only send you information related to school. You can opt-out at any time. See this document [link “document” to your Opt-Out document] for more information about opting-out from our communications.
How to Create an Ascender Parent Portal Account:
1. Go to https://portals09.ascendertx.com/ParentPortal/login?distid=039903
2. Click on the Create Account button
3. Complete the user information questions: “username” “password” “email address” and “mobile phone number.” Then click next.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The parent’s email address used to set up your account must match the email address the school currently has on file. If you have trouble linking your student (step 6 below), call our offices at Elementary 940-276-1551 or JH/HS 940-276-1552 to verify the email address you have on file in our system.
4. Select a security question from the drop-down menu and type in the security question answer. (This is case sensitive; you must re-enter this answer exactly the same later if retrieval of password is ever needed.) Then click Next.
5. Click Finish. You will receive an email containing a link to verify your email address and a text message with a code to verify your mobile phone number. Log in to your email and click on the link. You will be linked to a page with a message that your email has been verified. Click Return to Login. After logging on, enter the code that you received by text message and click Verify.
Your account is now set up! Continue with the steps below to link your student(s) to the account. You will need their parent portal ID which can be obtained by calling our office at 940-524-3555.
6. On the My Account page under the Students heading, click Link an Enrolled Student to associate your child with your new account.
7. A pop-up will appear. Enter your student’s parent portal ID (You will need to contact the school for this information if you do not have it already.) Enter your student’s birthdate.
8. If you have additional students enrolled in Petrolia CISD, repeat steps 6 and 7 for each student.
Your students are now linked to your account! The next step will be registration for the new school year. Later this summer, we will send out a notification when registration is opened. At that time, you will see a Registration button below each student’s name. Click on this link and you can go through all the current information we have on file. You can update all the forms and upload documents such as driver’s license, proof of residency, immunizations, etc.
As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call or email us at:
Elementary 940-276-1551 or firstname.lastname@example.org JH/HS 940-276-1552 or email@example.com
NOTE: Although each guardian can create an Ascender Parent Portal account for access to attendance, grades, etc., only one guardian should register a student for the upcoming school year.